|What is the club's Attendance Policy?|
POLICY REGARDING ATTENDANCE
Effective January 1, 201l the following Attendance Policy shall be in effect for The Rotary Club of Cedar Rapids.
The Rotary International Attendance Standard of 50% attendance shall also be The Rotary Club of Cedar Rapids Attendance Standard. Except:
At the end of each six-month attendance period, those members with an attendance record of less than 50%, but not less than 30% shall receive notification from the Secretary that their attendance record does not meet the Club or Rotary International Standard and shall be asked to address that shortcoming, but no further sanction or action shall be taken.
At the end of each six-month attendance period, those members with an attendance record of less than 30% shall receive notification from the Secretary that their attendance record does not meet the Rotary International or Club Standard and shall be placed upon attendance probation for the following six-month period.
During this probationary period an attendance record of 30% or greater must be maintained. If attendance of 30% or greater is not maintained during the probationary period, written notification shall be sent to the member that their membership is being terminated.
However, an opportunity for appeal to the Board of Directors will be provided. The appeal can be based on extenuating circumstances documented in writing. A lack of response within a 30 day period from notification will result in automatic termination.
Back To Top
|Following questions and answers relate to the move to the DoubleTree Hilton on January 6, 2014.|
Q1: What were the results of the survey taken in August 2013 when the membership was asked where we should hold our Rotary meetings?
A1: 58% indicated they wanted to move to the Hilton DoubleTree. In response to the survey the Rotary Board voted unanimously to return our club meetings to the Hotel starting in January 2014.
Q2: How many members are in our club? How many people can the Hilton or the Temple accommodate?
A2: The membership of our club is ~350. The Hilton Exhibit Hall C (ground level) can handle 300. Also, Exhibit Halls B and C can accommodate 600. The Temple can provide space for up to 200.
Q3: Where do I enter the Hilton if I am walking and where do we meet?
A3: (SEE MAP ON REVERSE) Members and guests will enter the convention center from 1st Avenue main entrance and look for signage. Meetings will be on the ground level in Exhibit Hall C.
Q4: What is the cost to park in the ramp next to the Hilton?
A4: There are two parking ramps with 1600 parking spaces connected to the convention center through two skywalks. The cost is free in the parking ramp for the first hour and $0.75 for every hour there after.
Q5: If I attend the weekly meeting and choose not to eat, what do I pay?
A5: The drink only option is $2.50, includes gratuity/sales tax (Pay at the door). Our club charges no fee.
Q6: What is the price of the full meal at the Hilton?
A6: The cost of the full meal is $17.00, includes gratuity/sales tax (Pay at the door)
Q7: What is the price of the salad only at the Hilton?
A7: The cost of the salad only is $12.00, includes gratuity/sales tax (Pay at the door)
Q8: What is the price of a full meal at the Hilton if I prepay?
A8: The prepay discount is presently 20% but with the move to the Hilton the discount for full meal prepay will be 30% or $11.90, includes gratuity/sales tax
Q9 What is the price of a salad only at the Hilton if I prepay?
A9: The prepay discount is presently 20% but with the move to the Hilton the discount for salad only prepay will be 30% or $8.40, includes gratuity/sales tax
Back To Top
|What are the club's membership guidelines?|
The Guidelines were adopted on July 1, 1994 and modified on June 3, 2005.
ROTARY CLUB OF CEDAR RAPIDS
MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
The Cedar Rapids Rotary Club has established the following guidelines with regard to qualification for membership in the Club:
1. Residency. The applicant shall either be a resident of Linn County, Iowa or have his or her principal business address located in Linn County, Iowa.
2. Available Classification. The applicant must fill an available classification in the Club. The Membership and Classification Committee will make every reasonable effort to create classifications for applicants as they are proposed. The Board of Directors reserves the right from time to time to expand or contract available classifications, limit the number of classifications authorized for certain general business classifications and professions, and the number of classifications which may be filled by employees of any one business enterprise, including affiliates, subsidiaries and other parties related to such business enterprise. All such action taken by the Board in this regard will be memorialized in the meeting minutes of the Board and available for inspection and review by the membership.
3. Policymaker. The applicant must be in a policymaking position with his or her employer. To meet this qualification, the applicant must generally be one of the top three policymakers in the organization or in a major division, department or subsidiary of the organization. In the case of a professional, the applicant must either be a partner in the organization, if the organization is a partnership, or an officer or director if the organization is a corporation. In the situation of an applicant applying for membership under The Young Member Initiative the potential candidate must, at a minimum, be in a growth position in their company. The Membership and Classification Committee or the Board of Directors may, in the discretion of either such group, solicit a written certification from the chief executive of the business organization indicating that the candidate meets these qualifications.
4. Meeting Attendance. Members are strongly encouraged to invite prospective members to attend several Club meetings with the member (and, if possible, other members) prior to submitting an application for membership. A membership application may be submitted prior to the applicant attending the proposed three meetings; however, any approval of the applicant for membership will be conditioned upon the applicant attending at least three meetings prior to induction as a provisional member in the Club.
5. Community Leadership and Involvement. An applicant should generally be actively involved in a leadership capacity in professional and community affairs. In the situation of an applicant applying for membership under The Young Member Initiative, graduation from the Leadership for Five Seasons Program will suffice to meet the Community Leadership and Involvement requirement or significant community involvement, as contemplated under the current guidelines for new member admission, will apply. The application form should include a complete and detailed summary of the applicant's involvement in all organizations which satisfy this criterion. Membership without a leadership role in professional organizations unique to the applicant's profession or in the applicant's church, while beneficial and supportive of the application, will be deemed insufficient to satisfy the community leadership and professional involvement requirement.
6. Qualification of Business Organization. The business organization employing the applicant must have been in existence at least two years (with an office present in Cedar Rapids for at least one year) before any applicant employed by such organization may qualify as a member of the Club; provided, however, that this requirement may be waived by the Board as to any business organization new to the community which otherwise has a national or regional presence. The Membership Committee and Board will consider all reasonable attribution rules (e.g., mergers, successor owners, etc.) in applying this criterion.
7. Qualification of Applicant. The applicant shall satisfy the residency requirement required by paragraph 1 above for a minimum period of one (1) year; provided, however, that this requirement may be waived by the Board if the Board determines that the applicant's presence in the community warrants such waiver. In the event this requirement is waived, the Board will look to the community leadership and involvement of the applicant at his or her place of prior residence.
8. Full Membership. All applicants for membership shall be approved initially as provisional members. In order to qualify as a full member, the applicant must (i) satisfy all attendance requirements during a six month probationary period and (ii) attend a membership indoctrination session conducted by the Club. If the provisional member fails to satisfy these requirements within fifteen months after his acceptance as a provisional member, he or she will be dropped from membership.
Back To Top
|Is there a Leave of Absence Policy in effect?|
Yes,the current policy is set forth below:
THE ROTARY CLUB OF CEDAR RAPIDS
LEAVE OF ABSENCE POLICY
Members may apply, in writing, to the Board of Directors for a leave of absence if they are unable to attend Rotary meetings or make-up missed meetings for such a period of time that they would not be able to meet the minimum 60% attendance policy for each six month period.
• A leave of absence will be granted by the Board of Directors when the members absence is caused by protracted ill health or impairment.
• A leave of absence may be granted when a member is physically unable to attend a regular meeting(s).
For the Board to consider a request, other than a medical leave, the following condition must be met: The member must be in good financial standing with the club at the time of the request and must be willing to maintain that status by paying his or her dues during the leave period.
A leave of absence should be requested in advance whenever possible. It is the responsibility of the member to fully explain the reason it is believed a leave is necessary and to provide enough detail that the board can arrive at a reasonable decision on the matter. In any event a member needing a leave should request the leave of absence as quickly as possible to assure proper attendance recording.
Back To Top